PHP Backend Developer
About the job
As a backend developer you will work at Sigbar in a team with experienced colleagues. Together we work for inspiring brands where quality always comes first. Not only in technology, but also in design, interaction, process and communication. We go for effective solutions that are beautiful and user-friendly. So your work matters.
We work in an open atmosphere where we make choices together. With us, coming on board really means participating and thinking along. Together we think about what technology we should use and how we should set up our architecture. This is how we arrive at the best solutions for our customers.
At Sigbar you get the space to organize your work yourself. This also entails responsibilities, because it has to be a two-way street. So you are well organized and can plan your work well. Furthermore, you are analytical and can work well with others. You are always curious about new technologies and the opportunities they offer. You specialize in PHP and everything around it, but find a trip to another technology just as challenging.
What do you bring?
- HBO/WO or 4 years experience at HBO/WO work level
- Experience with PHP and databases
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of the better known frameworks like Symfony or Laravel
- Experience with Scrum/Agile working
What you will not be doing
- Work on legacy systems, we are a young company
- Building and maintaining your own CMS, CRM or time tracking system
This is what we like
- Neat object oriented code
- Working with open-source software and frameworks
- Thinking of and building powerful APIs
- Lists with a lot of bullets 😉 😉 .
Great if you have experience with this
We are working every day to optimize our processes. We use the following tooling for that. It's a nice bonus if you already have experience with this or are interested in it:
- Cloud Computing
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Automated Testing
- Package management with Composer
What can we offer you?
Of course we can say that we have the best working atmosphere and great colleagues (we do), but all other agencies say that too. That is why we are honest and tell it like it is.
- Working for great brands
- Opinionated and experienced colleagues
- Good working conditions
- Space to develop yourself
- Friday afternoon it's time for a drink and to talk about something else than work